Welcome to Class 4
We are a class of Year 5 and 6 children. Our teacher is Mrs Lightley and our teaching assistant is Mrs Smith. Miss Barrass teaches us music and R.E. We hope you enjoy looking at our page and finding out about some of the things we are learning this year. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact the school.
Class 4 cover a range of interesting topics across the school year. The topic overviews provided give an insight to some of the activities your child will be participating in and experiencing each term.
Class Information and Homework
- We have regular P.E. lessons and active minutes throughout the week. Please have a full and correct P.E kit, suitable for indoor and outdoor lessons, available at all times.
- Homework – Class 4 have weekly homework tasks to complete – Mathletics (minimum of 10 mins 5 x weekly), Spellings (regular practice), times tables (regular practice), reading (minimum 4 x weekly). Class 4 also have a homework grid containing further, longer projects which, when completed can be posted on individual portfolios in Class Dojo.
- Homework Grid
Reading in Class 4
All of the children are encouraged to read daily and to foster a love of reading, choosing to do it for pleasure. Books are shared regularly and celebrated in class. Children are rewarded for reading at home or with an adult with Class Dojos.
- Our class text for this term is ‘Street Child’ by Berlie Doherty
- Mrs Lightley is currently reading ‘Lady of Hay’ by Barbara Erskine.
- Mrs Smith is currently reading ‘The Girl of Ink and Stars’ by Kiran Millwood Hargrave.
Archived Class Work
What We’ve been Up To