Welcome to Class 4
We are a class of Year 5 and 6 children. Our teacher is Mrs Lightley and our teaching assistant is Mrs Smith. Miss Barrass teaches us music and R.E. We hope you enjoy looking at our page and finding out about some of the things we are learning this year. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact the school.
Class 4 cover a range of interesting topics across the school year. The topic overviews provided give an insight to some of the activities your child will be participating in and experiencing each term.
Class Information and Homework
- We have regular P.E. lessons and active minutes throughout the week. Please have a full and correct P.E kit, suitable for indoor and outdoor lessons, available at all times.
- Homework – Class 4 have a homework grid that they can choose activities and projects from. All children must complete homework to the value of 40 points by the end of Autumn Term. They should aim to complete 20 points by half term. Children can choose to do more tasks that interest them after completing one choice from each subject area. Alongside their homework grid, pupils are encouraged to complete at least 10 minutes of reading from their school book every night, along with spelling and times table practice.
Reading in Class 4
All of the children are encouraged to read daily and to foster a love of reading, choosing to do it for pleasure. Books are shared regularly and celebrated in class. Children are rewarded for reading at home or with an adult with Class Dojos.
- Our class text for this term is ‘The Boy at the Back of the Class’ by Onjali Rauf
- Mrs Lightley is currently reading ‘Lady of Hay’ by Barbara Erskine.
- Mrs Smith is currently reading ‘The Girl of Ink and Stars’ by Kiran Millwood Hargrave.
To see what we will be reading this year, you can view our Year 5 and 6 Key Texts 2020