The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development.It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of additional opportunities that the school organises in order to enrich the experiences of our children.
Our curriculum also includes the social aspects that are essential for life-long learning. At times and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented. To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum we remain committed to:
• A range of teaching and learning styles
• Differentiated learning materials
• Access to ICT and Technology
• Additional in class support
• Additional out of class support
• Many opportunities to stimulate and motivate learning
• Flexible groupings – including small group support work
• An innovative and supportive curriculum
• The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions
• A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including homework club, sporting clubs, craft club and guitar club.
• Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements
• Applications during national testing at Key Stage 2 to obtain access arrangements as appropriate.
If you have any questions about SEND please contact the school and we will try our best to help you.