Welcome to Class 3
We are a class of Year 3 and 4 children. Our teachers are Miss Kilty and Miss Barrass. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Gilbert and Mr Turnbull. We hope you enjoy looking at some of the activities that we will enjoy this year. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact the school.
Class 3 cover a range of interesting topics across the school year. The yearly overview provided gives an insight to some of the activities your child will be participating in and experiencing each term.
Class Information and Homework
We have regular P.E. lessons and active minutes throughout the week. Please have a full and correct P.E kit, suitable for indoor and outdoor lessons, available at all times.
Homework will be given out on a Friday. Children must complete one task from half termly grid and the tasks assigned on Mathletics by the following Friday.
Spellings are given out on a Friday with children expected to learn the rule for the following Friday.
Reading in Class 3
All of the children are encouraged to read daily and to foster a love of reading, choosing to do it for pleasure. Books are shared regularly and celebrated in class. Children are rewarded for reading at home or with an adult with Class Dojos.
- Our class text for this term is ‘The Stone Age Boy’ By Satoshi Kitamura
- Miss Kilty is currently reading ‘Ice cream and Indie music’ by Suzanne Hart.
- Miss Barrass is currently reading ‘Vanity Fair’ by William Thackeray
- Mr Turnbull is currently reading ‘Charlie Savage’ by Roddy Doyle.
- Mrs Gilbert is currently reading ‘Who Let the Gods out?’ by Maz Evans.
We are currently seeking a teacher (0.6 ) to work in Class 3.
Please see attached documentation for full details.